Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Ardington

Ardington lies two miles east of Wantage between the Downs and the Vale of White Horse. The Wilts and Berks Canal ran through the parish. The soil is good chalk and loam. Half the land was pasture, half arable.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.7-8.


Acreage: 1820
Population 1801: 344
  1831: 404
  1861: 354

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 14, 20

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Ardington (1811) - Ref: D/P7/26/1 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Ardington (1811) - Ref: D/P7/26/1 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 22/11/2017.