The hamlet of Baulking was a chapelry of Uffington parish, lying six miles from Faringdon and fifteen miles from Abingdon. The River Ock forms the boundary with Shellingford. Approximately one quarter of the land was arable, the rest pasture. There was a weekly market (defunct by the late eighteenth century).
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.168-170.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 13
Baulking (See Uffington)