Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Binfield

The scattered village of Binfield lies three and a half miles northeast of Wokingham. It is on the main roads from Reading to Windsor and Wokingham to Staines. The soil is gravel and clay. More than half the land was permanent grass, with small amounts of arable and woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.18-19.


Acreage: 3489
Population 1801: 808
  1831: 1145
  1861: 1371

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 37, 45

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Binfield (1817. See also Windsor Forest) - Ref: Q/RDC/78A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Binfield (1817. See also Windsor Forest) - Ref: Q/RDC/78B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 22/11/2017.