Brimpton lies six and a half miles east of Newbury. The River Kennet forms the northern boundary and it is on the main road from Newbury to Silchester, Hampshire. The land is mainly gravel, with some clay, alluvium and peat. Nearly half the land was permanent grass, less than a third arable and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.29-31.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 43, 44