The village of West Challow was a chapelry in Letcombe Regis. It is on the main roads from Ashbury and Faringdon to Wantage, and was on the Wilts and Berks Canal. The soil is mainly chalk. Just under a quarter of the land was permanent grass and one tenth arable. See also Letcombe Regis for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.100-102.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 13, 14
Challow, West (See Letcombe Regis)