Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Cookham

The village (formerly a market town) of Cookham lies three miles from Maidenhead. The parish included the villages of Cookham Dean and North Town and the hamlets of Cookham Rise, Furze Platt, and Pinkneys Green. It is on the River Thames and the main road to Maidenhead. Just under half the land was arable, about a quarter permanent grass, and there was a small amount of woodland. There were two fairs annually.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.50-52.


 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 24

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Cookham (1852) - Ref: Q/RDC/94/1A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Cookham (1852) - Ref: Q/RDC/94A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Cookham (1852) - Ref: Q/RDC/94B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Cookham (1852) - Ref: Q/RDC/94C [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Cookham (1852) - Ref: Q/RDC/94D [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Cookham (1852) - Ref: Q/RDC/94E [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Cookham (1852) - Ref: Q/RDC/94F [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 26/09/2017.