Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Fernham

The small straggling hamlet of Fernham was originally a chapelry in Shrivenham parish, nearly three miles south east of Faringdon, on the borders of the Vale of White Horse. The soil is sand and stone-brash.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.137-139.


Acreage: 1016
Population 1801: 158
  1831: 239
  1861: 246

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 13

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Fernham (See Shrivenham)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 26/09/2017.