Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Garston, East

East Garston lies three miles southeast of Lambourn on the Downs in west Berkshire. It is on the River Lambourn and the road from Lambourn to Newbury. The soil is chalk. Over half the land was arable.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.71-72. Transcript of the East Garston 1771 Award, (held at the Berkshire Record Office).


Acreage: 4409
Population 1801: 609
  1831: 699
  1861: 589

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 19, 20, 25, 26

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Garston, East (1771) - Ref: CP43/755 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 23/09/2017.