The large village of Greenham was a chapelry of Thatcham parish, a mile and a half south of, and effectively a suburb of, the town of Newbury. The River Kennet forms the northern boundary and the River Enborne part of the southern boundary, and the road from Newbury to Reading passes through. The soil is clay. About a quarter of the land was permanent grass, with small amounts of woodland and arable.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.162-165.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 43
Greenham (See Thatcham)