Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Hagbourne, West

West Hagbourne was one of two villages in the parish of Hagbourne (the other being East Hagbourne), situated six miles southwest of Wallingford. The soil is strong, black and loamy. The land was mainly arable, with small amounts of pasture and orchard.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.73-74.


Acreage: 1057
Population 1801: 196
  1831: 220
  1861: 164

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 15

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Hagbourne, West (1843) - Ref: Q/RDC/39A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Hagbourne, West (1843) - Ref: Q/RDC/39B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Hagbourne, West (1843) - Ref: Q/RDC/39C [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 23/09/2017.