Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Lambourn

Lambourn lies in the centre of a large parish on the Downs eight miles northwest of Hungerford, on the Berkshire-Wiltshire border. The parish included the small market town of Lambourn or Chipping Lambourn, the villages of Eastbury and Upper Lambourn, the hamlet of Bockhampton and the tithing of Hadley and Blagrave. There was a weekly market and two fairs annually.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.97-99.


Acreage: 14873
Population 1801: 2045
  1831: 2386
  1861: 2529

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 19, 25, 33

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Lambourn (1776 (Eastbury & Blagrave)) - Ref: CP43/777 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Lambourn (1776 (Eastbury & Blagrave)) - Ref: T/M63 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Lambourn (1780) - Ref: Q/RDC/31A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Lambourn (1804 (Upper Lambourn)) - Ref: KB122/789 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Lambourn (1804 (Upper Lambourn)) - Ref: MR1/114 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Lambourn (1806 (Lambourn & Blagrave)) - Ref: CP43/895 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Lambourn (1806 (Lambourn & Blagrave)) - Ref: MR1/400 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 22/11/2017.