Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Langley Marish

Langley Marish was in Buckinghamshire. The parish included part of the town of Colnbrook and the hamlets of George Green and Horsemoor Green. It is on the road from Uxbridge to Slough and was on the Slough branch of the Grand Junction Canal. The soil is loam and clay. Over one third of the land was permanent grass, over one quarter arable, and over one fifth woodland.

Further reading
'Victoria County History: Buckinghamshire'.


Acreage: 3937
Population 1801: 1215
  1831: 1797
  1861: 1874

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 32

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Langley Marish (1813 (Langley Marish & Colnbrook)) - Ref: IR/54R [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Langley Marish (1813 (Langley Marish & Colnbrook)) - Ref: IR/55R [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Langley Marish (1813 (Langley Marish & Colnbrook)) - Ref: Q/RX5 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 21/11/2017.