The village of Midgham was a chapelry in Thatcham parish, lying seven miles east of Newbury in west Berkshire. The River Kennet forms part of the southern boundary and the Kennet and Avon Canal and the main road from Newbury to Reading pass through. The soil is clay and alluvium. Over half the land was permanent pasture, with small amounts of arable and woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.3-4, 162-165m 198-199.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 35, 36, 43, 44
Midgham (See Thatcham, Aldermaston, Woolhampton)