Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Moreton, North

North Moreton lies four miles west of Wallingford. It is situated off the Wantage road. The soil is sand. The land was mostly arable, with some orchards.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) p.110.


Acreage: 1102
Population 1801: 282
  1831: 362
  1861: 352

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 15, 16

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Moreton, North (1849) - Ref: Q/RDC/87A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Moreton, North (1849) - Ref: Q/RDC/87B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 26/09/2017.