Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Shippon

Shippon was a manor in the parish of Abingdon St Helen, outside the borough limits, a mile northwest of Abingdon. It included the hamlet of Northcourt. It is on the main road from Abingdon to Fyfield. The soil is mixed. The land was partly arable. See also Abindgon for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.1-3.


 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 10

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Shippon (See Abingdon)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 23/09/2017.