The village of Twyford was in the parish of Hurst, five miles east of Reading. It adjoins the River Loddon and is on the main road from Reading to Maidenhead. The soil is alluvial and gravel. More than a third of the land was permanent grass, with just under a fifth arable. See also Hurst for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.88-89.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 30
Twyford (See Hurst)