The irregular village of White Waltham lies six miles from Maidenhead. The parish included the hamlets of Littlewick Green, Paley Street and Woolley Green. It is on the main road from London to Bath. The soil is mostly clay. Nearly half the land was arable, much of the rest being permanent grassland, with a very small amount of woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.178-179.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 30, 31