Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Winterbourne

The village of Winterbourne was a chapelry of Chieveley, situated four miles northwest of Newbury. See Chieveley for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.38-41.


Acreage: 2112
Population 1801: 357
  1831: 326
  1861: 377

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 10, 11, 15, 16

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Winterbourne (See Chieveley)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 26/09/2017.