Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Wytham

Wytham lies three miles northwest of Oxford, in north Berkshire. It adjoins the River Thames. The soil is clay and limestone. A large part was woodland and grass with only about one fifth arable.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.199-200.


Acreage: 1993
Population 1801: 246
  1831: 218
  1861: 176

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 2

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Wytham (1816) - Ref: Q/RDC/69A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Wytham (1816) - Ref: Q/RDC/69B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 21/11/2017.